- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside. In large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, then add in grapefruit juice and zest and blend well. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly colored on top. Set pan on a wire rack to cool. Frost with plain, lemon or orange icing and cut into bar